Sōma Ōgami (大神 ソウマ Ōgami Sōma?) is the tritagonist in Kannazuki no Miko and a main character. He is the childhood friend of Himeko Kurusugawa, the Seventh Neck 七の首 Nana no kubi of Orochi and the the only member who was able to resist becoming completely evil and the first to be purified.
Sōma is a handsome teenage boy with short black hair that has long bangs hanging over his face and brown eyes.
He wears the school standard uniform.
The reason behind this is possibly that Sōma has no life-changing event to turn him fully evil and the factor of his feelings for Himeko Kurusugawa.
He has a very high social standing at their school, comparable to Chikane Himemiya's, and most of their fellow students believe they are dating, although in truth they rarely interact until the Orochi events.
Still, he is a nice and badass character.
Sōma is friends with Himeko Kurusugawa from their childhood when he was abused by his father like Himeko. At some point, sick of all of this, Tsubasa killed with a knife his own father and then left Sōma alone. He was then adopted by Ogami family.
Sōma made his debut in Episode 1 where Makoto Saotome claimed the fact that he is the best candidate for Chikane Himemiya. Later, Sōma drove Himeko to shops to buy a present for Chikane's birthday. When he is about to leave he asked Himeko if they have a date tomorrow because he has something to tell her, but Himeko hinted that she refused, so he left. When the Orochi arrives, he is possessed by their power and attacks Himeko. When Chikane yells "Himeko!", he came back in senses and attacks an angry Sister Miyako, blaming her for hurting Himeko. They started to fight and Soma claimed that he will protect Himeko.
In Episode 3, Izumi and her group are jealous about Himeko and pushed her on the stairs, but Sōma catches her before she falls. When Nekoko attacks, Himeko is separated from Chikane underwater, but Sōma arrives in time to save them, making Chikane jealous.
Sōma's mecha, Take no Yamikazuchi, is a humanoid robot that possesses more varied attacks than most of the other mecha, which it conceals within its own body. In personal combat, Sōma initially uses his own body and sometimes his motorcycle. Later on, he adopts the sword and fighting-style of his brother Tsubasa, significantly increasing his power.
Like Chikane Himemiya, Sōma is in love with Himeko and is extremely protective of her, fighting to keep her safe from Orochi until he is overwhelmed by the Orochi curse and put out of action, although he is later rescued by his brother Tsubasa, even though that he couldn't win Himeko that doesn't mean that he loss his happiness towards Himeko.
- The name Sōma means "moon, Luna" in Hindi.
- Sōma's surname Ōgami means "big, great" (大) (o) and "god" (神) (kami/gami).
- He's based on Ōgami from The Cross Triangle, a previous work of the author, down to having the same appearance and personality.
- The protagonist, Kurusu (whose design inspired Himeko) is in love with him, but she's afraid to confess her feelings because she mistakenly believes he and Kiraha (whose design inspired Chikane) are dating.
- Ogami is determined to become Kurusu's knight and they become a couple at the end of the manga.
- He owns a motorcycle.
- He carries the mark of Orochi on his forehead.
- His mech is similar to that of a Gundam and the attack is similar to The Big O.
- In the manga, his hair color is dark blue.