Chikane Himemiya (姫宮 千歌音 Himemiya Chikane?) is the deuteragonist of the Kannazuki no Miko anime and one of the main heroines of the series. She is the Lunar Priestess who is seemingly a lesbian and she is reunited with Himeko Kurusugawa in both versions, regardless of their reincarnated forms.
Chikane is a very beautiful teenage girl of average height and weight with knee-length dark blue hair (dark turquoise hair in the manga) that has a yellow band on top with bangs hanging over her face while she has chest-length hair strands hanging on either side and light blue eyes (brown eyes in the manga).
- "Her skin is as white as snow and her breasts are so full and beautiful. Even a girl like me gets wrapped in her beauty". (English Dub)
- "Her's skin as white as snow, and her breasts are big and beautiful. Even girls like me get absorbed by her beauty." (English Sub)
She is shown wearing a school outfit, which is a red medium dress, black stockings and brown boots, but she sometimes wear her miko outfit.
Chikane seems to be the perfect girl; beautiful, talented, the heiress of a prestigious family and the most popular girl at school. Everyone at school worships her like a princess because of her great beauty and many talents. Despite this, Chikane doesn't let her popularity go to her head, is very polite, and actively builds a friendship with Himeko, not caring at all about their highly different social positions at school.
She is the target of adoration of almost every student at her school, but they think she's so perfect that it isn't even worth it to think she might look at them. Himeko is the only one who has ever treated Chikane like an approachable person instead of an idol to be admired from a distance. This is what guided Chikane to fall in love with Himeko.
In Episode 1, Chikane made her debut when she catches Himeko Kurusugawa before she falls. She embraced her and asked her if she's ok. After this, she tells Himeko "afternoon, in the rose garden". Here they have lunch together and also take pictures. Chikane invites her personally to their birthday party. When the Orochi arrives, Chikane tries to rescue Himeko from Sōma Ōgami's hands, but fails. After Soma came to his senses, Himeko falls and Chikane catches her again. After she tried to make her conscious and took a look at Himeko's solar symbol from her chest, they share a kiss.
In Episode 2, after Chikane and Himeko learned about the lunar and solar priestess and that Soma is actually an Orochi, the girls are attacked by Girochi, the third neck. Chikane tries to protect Himeko but fails again, but Soma arrives in time to fight with Girochi and stop him.
In Episode 3, after Girochi's attack, Himeko comes to live with Chikane. They spend time together. At school, Izumi and her group become jealous over Himeko and pushed her on the stairs, but Soma catches her before she falls. Chikane witnessed and gives Izumi a "look" that made her afraid. Later, they started to antrenate for the future fights but Chikane is injured after protecting Himeko. While they were at the beach, Chikane promised Himeko she will protect her. When Nekoko attacks, they are separated underwater but, again, Souma saves them and defeats Nekoko. Chikane, angry because she couldn't protect Himeko, punches the robot's hand.
Chikane has been in love with Himeko ever since they first met, although she does not reveal it until much later, all the while hiding her jealousy and hurt at the sight of Himeko and Sōma Ōgami together.
Many people at school believe that Chikane has a relationship with Sōma, although this is proven to be untrue.
- The name Chikane means "thousand" (千) (chi), "song, poetry" (歌) (ka) and "sound" (音) (ne).
- Chikane's surname Himemiya means "princess, young lady of noble birth" (姫) (hime) and "temple, shrine, palace" (宮) (miya), which literally means "princess temple" altogether.
- She's based on Kiraha Meiou from The Cross Triangle, a previous work of the author, down to having the same appearance and personality.
- She's best friends with Kurusu (whose design inspired Himeko). While Kurusu is in love with Ogami (whose design inspired Sōma), she's afraid to confess her feelings because she mistakenly believes he and Kiraha are dating.
- Kiraha is in love with Kurusu, but steps down because she's aware that she doesn't feel the same.
- Near the end of the manga, she's posessed and her negative feelings are amplified, such as her possesiveness and jealousy; until she's saved by Kurusu. While Kurusu and Ogami end up together, Kiraha is okay with this
- Chikane's orientation is lesbian, meaning that she likes girls.
- The color of Chikane's hair and eyes are a reminder of the moon, her symbol.
- She also carries her lunar symbol on her back.
- Chikane is a member of the prestigious kyūdō (Japanese archery) club and she is exceptionally skilled in the areas of tennis and, more significantly, the clarinet.
- She also knows how to ride horses that she has a horse named Saint Just.
- Makoto Saotome revealed the fact that Chikane receives many love letters from many boys and also girls.