|Debut||Episode 1 (Anime)|
Chapter 1 (Manga)
|Age||16 years old|
|Relationship||Himeko Kurusugawa (twin sister,manga only)|
|Seiyu||Ayako Kawasumi (Japanese)|
Michelle Ruff (English)
Analiz Sanchez (Spanish)
Chikane Himemiya (姫宮 千歌音 Himemiya Chikane?) is the deuteragonist of the Kannazuki no Miko anime and one of the main heroines of the series. She is the Lunar Priestess who is seemingly a lesbian and she is reunited with Himeko Kurusugawa in both versions, regardless of their reincarnated forms.
Chikane is a very beautiful teenage girl of average height and weight with knee-length dark blue hair (dark turquoise hair in the manga) that has a yellow band on top with bangs hanging over her face while she has chest-length hair strands hanging on either side and light blue eyes (brown eyes in the manga).
- "Her skin is as white as snow and her breasts are so full and beautiful. Even a girl like me gets wrapped in her beauty". (English Dub)
- "Her's skin as white as snow, and her breasts are big and beautiful. Even girls like me get absorbed by her beauty." (English Sub)
She is shown wearing a school outfit, which is a red medium dress, black stockings and brown boots, but she sometimes wear her miko outfit.
Chikane is a very commanding, elegant and noble girl who lives in a large mansion with many maids that she is considered to be of the highest standing at their school, but she is also a very beautiful, kind and smart girl with many fans around her.
- "The intensity of summer."
- "The elegance of autumn."
- "The nobility of winter."
- "The kindness of spring."
In Episode 1, Chikane made her debut when she catches Himeko Kurusugawa before she falls. She embraced her and asked her if she's ok. After this, she tells Himeko "afternoon, in the rose garden". Here they have lunch together and also take pictures. Chikane invites her personally to their birthday party. When the Orochi arrives, Chikane tries to rescue Himeko from Sōma Ōgami's hands, but fails. After Soma came to his senses, Himeko falls and Chikane catches her again. After she tried to make her conscious and took a look at Himeko's solar symbol from her chest, they share a kiss.
In Episode 2, after Chikane and Himeko learned about the lunar and solar priestess and that Soma is actually an Orochi, the girls are attacked by Girochi, the third neck. Chikane tries to protect Himeko but fails again, but Soma arrives in time to fight with Girochi and stop him.
In Episode 3, after Girochi's attack, Himeko comes to live with Chikane. They spend time together. At school, Izumi and her group become jealous over Himeko and pushed her on the stairs, but Soma catches her before she falls. Chikane witnessed and gives Izumi a "look" that made her afraid. Later, they started to antrenate for the future fights but Chikane is injured after protecting Himeko. While they were at the beach, Chikane promised Himeko she will protect her. When Nekoko attacks, they are separated underwater but, again, Souma saves them and defeats Nekoko. Chikane, angry because she couldn't protect Himeko, punches the robot's hand.
Chikane has been in love with Himeko ever since they first met, although she does not reveal it until much later, all the while hiding her jealousy and hurt at the sight of Himeko and Sōma Ōgami together.
- The name Chikane means "thousand" (千) (chi), "song" (歌) (ka) and "sound" (音) (ne).
- Chikane's surname Himemiya means "princess" (姫) (hime) and "temple, shrine, palace" (宮) (miya), which means "princess temple" altogether.
- Chikane's orientation is lesbian, meaning that she likes girls.
- The color of Chikane's hair and eyes are a reminder of the moon, her symbol.
- She also carries her lunar symbol on her back.
- Chikane is a member of the prestigious kyūdō (Japanese archery) club and she is exceptionally skilled in the areas of tennis and, more significantly, the clarinet.
- She also knows how to ride horses that she has a horse named Saint Just.
- Makoto Saotome revealed the fact that Chikane receives many love letters from many boys and also girls.
- Many people at school believe that Chikane has a relationship with Sōma Ōgami, although this is proven to be untrue.